RE: UCLA secondary, additional comments section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsahand

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys and gals.
on the ucla secondary, they have a section where it asks to "use this space to explain factors that had a negative effect on your performance, and why your are applying to UCLA dental school."
does this stuff really matter?
should we spend a lot of time on these things, or is it just bs?
i dont know if the adcoms really read this, do they?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

djsahand said:
hey guys and gals.
on the ucla secondary, they have a section where it asks to "use this space to explain factors that had a negative effect on your performance, and why your are applying to UCLA dental school."
does this stuff really matter?
should we spend a lot of time on these things, or is it just bs?
i dont know if the adcoms really read this, do they?
thanks

If your DAT sucks or your GPA sucked one quarter and you have an excuse, put it here. Otherwise if you have no excuse for poor performance, leave it blank. It should be a good excuse, like you were in a coma for half the semester.

I applied to UCLA and was hit with that question on my secondary. I just talked about my DAT, and how I admit that I didn't do as well as I could have, granted I was taking three summer classes, with two of them being 4 credits, and had to take them to graduate by this upcoming April. Hopefully this will hold me over until my new DAT in late September.