Re-write Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If I'm applying for the second time around, should I rewrite my personal statement? Or is it ok for me to just use the same one from my first application cycle?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

If I'm applying for the second time around, should I rewrite my personal statement? Or is it ok for me to just use the same one from my first application cycle?

Thanks!

I wouldnt rewrite the whole thing, just tweak it and make it more relevant with new experiences that you've had over this past year.

Hey there,

If you have AA24, TS24, PAT24, then you don't really have to worry about your personal statement, but if you have DAT scores like mine, then you might want to take time and work on your personal statement.

If I were you, I would either rewrite or change many things from your personal statement. Whenever I help my friends writing their personal statement for dental schools, most of them write it as a college application essay. That's a no go.

In your essay, you should include "commitment to service, why dentistry, how you were interested in dentistry and why you are an unique applicant(you can include dental volunteerings you have done, etc)."

Hope this helped,

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Might as well change it up. Obviously didn't work this go around...

Yeah and since it's round 2 (or however many) maybe mention somewhere that you are passionate and dedicated to it ..so passionate that you would put up with the cycle again!! .. well don't write that but you know what i mean.

Unless you have made some changes to improve your chances, making changes to your ps may be a moot point.

For me personally, if I don't get in anywhere this cycle, then I would rewrite the statement. I've learned so much about dental schools from interviewing this cycle that I want to rewrite it. For those people that were well-informed to being with, I don't think you'd feel the same way.

For me personally, if I don't get in anywhere this cycle, then I would rewrite the statement. I've learned so much about dental schools from interviewing this cycle that I want to rewrite it. For those people that were well-informed to being with, I don't think you'd feel the same way.

Well said. I feel the exact same way. My PS seemed awesome in May when I wrote it. Looking back on it now, after learning a ton about the process, I would definitely make a lot of changes.