Reaching out to AdComs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1061630

I applied to a school that supposedly does not screen before sending out secondary invites, but I have not received an invite despite submitting my AMCAS app on the first day it opened and having gone to this school for undergrad. I'm considering emailing the AdCom to see what's happening with my app, but I'm not really sure how to frame this email. Could someone give some advice? And if I email the AdCom and don't get a response (this school isn't great at responding in a timely manner), what do you all suggest I do? Just cut my losses and move on? Or keep trying to pursue the school in some other way?

Members don't see this ad.

Please don't email adcoms about this, they have enough on their plates with this cycle as it is

I applied to a school that supposedly does not screen before sending out secondary invites, but I have not received an invite despite submitting my AMCAS app on the first day it opened and having gone to this school for undergrad. I'm considering emailing the AdCom to see what's happening with my app, but I'm not really sure how to frame this email. Could someone give some advice? And if I email the AdCom and don't get a response (this school isn't great at responding in a timely manner), what do you all suggest I do? Just cut my losses and move on? Or keep trying to pursue the school in some other way?
????? You mean it's been not even three weeks and they have the nerve to maybe want to space out when they send secondaries??? The nerve of them!!! :)

If they don't screen, chill. You will get a secondary. They want your money. THEN, they might spend the next year ghosting you!

If you can see that everyone else has received a secondary, then sure, send an email to confirm that they received your primary and politely ask if you are correct in assuming that everyone receives a secondary. If you don't receive a response or a secondary, then yeah, you are SOL, so move on. They don't HAVE to do anything for you if they don't want to.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do NOT do this!

Patience is a virtue; the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out secondaries or IIs merely in chronological order.

Secondaries are often a tax on the hopelessly naïve, if not pathologically optimistic.

Reactions: 1 users