READ and ADVISE...What would you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunlyght

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's keep this short. I want to become of doctor. I have put myself in a rut (2.0) but I have been steadily digging myself out of the hole for the past 2 semesters by making a 3.0 or higher. So currently I have a ~2.6 GPA with 2 more semesters and a summer class to go. I have so far made mostly C+'s in my science classes and some C's but never failing or getting a D. My question is should I attend a post bac program or should I just retake some of those classes at a Junior College when I take a year off? I am determined and I am going to be a doctor but I need some guidance on the first step to take. What should I do?
Help!
I was thinking of taking a year off and paying some bills and retaking some science classes then applying. Or I was going to work for a year then go to grad school then apply to med school when I was finish.
If you were me....and you know being a doctor is what you want, which route would you take first..either way somehow I'm going to be a doctor.

Members don't see this ad.

Your grades need intensive rehabilitation. A 3.0 will not cut it. You need to start getting straight A's right now. The first thing you need to do is figure out why you are not doing this, and then take steps to correct it immediately. Don't take the casual approach, saying to yourself "No big deal, I'll just make it up in my post bacc." The more mediocre grades you get now, the more work you will have trying to dig out of your hole.