Reading articles for pharm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmtran

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get updated on pharmacy news and pharmacology (and all the pharm sciences) but I don't know which ONLINE sites are featuring the best, up-to-date articles. Anyone have any ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

www.medscape.com is pretty good if you register and chose "pharmacist" as your profession. They send out regular email updates and have quite a bit of info (as well as a message board) on their site. They also have free email accounts.

Jd

As JD said, "Medscape" is a good source of news. I usually keep "medscape for pharmacists" on top of my pharmacy bookmarks.

Updated less frequently, however, are the pharmacy magazine websites, which are still good places to look:

Drug Topics
US Pharmacist

I've been looking at "The Journal of Informed Pharmacotherapy", an online journal...some interesting articles (on occasion)

Journal of Informed Pharmacotherapy

Oh, and "Facts and Comparisons", and APhA's "Pharmacist.com" also has some stuff:

Facts & Comparisons
Pharmacist.com

I know you're looking for ONLINE sources, but the best source of news I get is still APhA's "Pharmacy Today" publication. I know you probably don't have membership (yet)...but if you work in a pharmacy (lots of luck tomorrow, btw ;) ), maybe you can get the pharmacist to bring in his/her issues once in a while...maybe he'll let you have 'em! There is much more about "practice issues" in that publication than I can get on the internet.