reading comp help

Started by canucks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

canucks

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Okay I will be taking my first pcat test in mid January and am having some trouble with the reading comp. So i would really appreciate it if someone could recommended some good books for this. I have been reading other threads and a few people recommended the Kaplan flash cards. Currently i have the Kaplan 08-09 edition book so i am guessing that i have to buy the flash cards separately. Another question is how long did you study for the pcat. I just started this week but think i still have a good chance because i know most of the chem, and math because of my prereqs. Also do you get a periodic table on the exam or do you have to just memorize properties of certain elements. If so what elements do you recommended that I memorize other than the following: O, CL, Li, Na, N, C, H
 
You do not get a periodic table or a calculator. I think you just need to know some general trends of the periods, but I honestly can't remember. I'm pretty sure that if you need molecular weights, that will be provided. And I would know what's somewhat special about F in addition to the others you mentioned.