1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Reading Comp representative source

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by meeginvee, Sep 3, 2014.

1. meeginvee

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi,

For those of you who have taken the DAT recently:

I was wondering what a representative source would be for reading comp practice. Which source are the passages on the DAT most similar to? I need additional practice tests (I already have Kaplan and Barrons), where can I find good ones? Does anyone have any extra they don't need?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sshar43

Pre-Dental
    I would recommend Bootcamp. That was on par or a just a tad harder than the real DAT. It really prepares you, especially in terms of passage length/style and questions.

4. brofessor91

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I want to second what sshar43 said and also add that the real DAT has a lot more search and destroy questions than bootcamp. I feel like for bootcamp there was a LOT of tone and inference style questions which did not appear on the DAT, at least for me. So don't wordy too much you'll be fine!

5. .

#4 SXCoronado, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  6. meeginvee

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Search and destroy as in just read the first line of every paragraph, note what it's about, and go directly to the questions?