1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Reading Comp representative source

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by meeginvee, Sep 3, 2014.

1. meeginvee

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi,

For those of you who have taken the DAT recently:

I was wondering what a representative source would be for reading comp practice. Which source are the passages on the DAT most similar to? I need additional practice tests (I already have Kaplan and Barrons), where can I find good ones? Does anyone have any extra they don't need?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sshar43

Pre-Dental
    I would recommend Bootcamp. That was on par or a just a tad harder than the real DAT. It really prepares you, especially in terms of passage length/style and questions.

4. brofessor91

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I want to second what sshar43 said and also add that the real DAT has a lot more search and destroy questions than bootcamp. I feel like for bootcamp there was a LOT of tone and inference style questions which did not appear on the DAT, at least for me. So don't wordy too much you'll be fine!

5. .

#4 SXCoronado, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
  6. meeginvee

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Search and destroy as in just read the first line of every paragraph, note what it's about, and go directly to the questions?