Reading Comp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zerconia2921

Bring your A-game!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you guys tackel reading comp I find it a waste of time writing a road map which I dont even use because what ever I put down never helps me with the questions. Anyone got some pointers?

Members don't see this ad.

it really depends on which strategy you prefer. i tried allstardentist's method of just going straight to the questions. His method is more dependent on keeping yourself cool headed and just go from question to question without actually reading the passage. This method might be preferential for people who can't read that fast either as it does save some time. For people who can read fast, I suggest just reading over the passage before looking at the questions. Even if you don't use a road map, it helps you get a general sense of what the article is about and generally the sequence of topics brought up in each paragraph. I tried both methods during a practice exam and I much preferred the latter approach. I found myself too distracted when i went from question to question and going back to the passage for each question. Really depends on which method you prefer. Since there are three passages, I suggest taking a practice exam and utilizing different methods to see which one really works out the best for you. Good luck =)