Reading comprehension 18%

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kyle8624

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feeling a bit anxious here. I spent a solid month and a half studying for PCAT and earned myself an 89% composite score. High 90's in chem, quant, and bio, but my reading comprehension was only 18%. The school I wish to go to (University of Toronto) states on their site that the minimum is 20% in that field.

I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I've got a 3.3 GPA about, some volunteer experience at the hospital and at a retail chain, but I fear that I may be outright rejected due to my reading comprehension. Does anyone have any insight into how one qualifies for interviews? Would it still be possible to get an interview, or will they not even consider me as a valid applicant?

Members don't see this ad.

Feeling a bit anxious here. I spent a solid month and a half studying for PCAT and earned myself an 89% composite score. High 90's in chem, quant, and bio, but my reading comprehension was only 18%. The school I wish to go to (University of Toronto) states on their site that the minimum is 20% in that field.

I'm kind of at a loss for what to do. I've got a 3.3 GPA about, some volunteer experience at the hospital and at a retail chain, but I fear that I may be outright rejected due to my reading comprehension. Does anyone have any insight into how one qualifies for interviews? Would it still be possible to get an interview, or will they not even consider me as a valid applicant?

I would call and speak to an advisor. What is your composite?

Unofficial composite: 89%

Reading comprehension: 18%
verbal: 58%
biology: 92%
chem: 98%
quant: 95%

Unofficial composite: 89%

Reading comprehension: 18%
verbal: 58%
biology: 92%
chem: 98%
quant: 95%

Your composite is great. I would call and speak to an advisor. If they say you need a 20% minimum on the sections then you may need to retake it. Hopefully that's not the case for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your composite is great. I would call and speak to an advisor. If they say you need a 20% minimum on the sections then you may need to retake it. Hopefully that's not the case for you.
Hey, did you find out what they said? Do you not have a chance for an interview if you fall below one of the PCAT cutoffs?