Reading Comprehension for Oct. 18 PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeman957

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
lame mistake...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did poorly in the reading comp. too I got 52...and i thought i did really good on it when i left...something doesn't seem right

I made an 85 on the reading. I kind of remember the mistake, but it didn't bother me enough to make that big of a difference.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was totally shocked I got a 35. I just thought I made at least an 80 or so...I guess I don't know how to read and understand things too well :confused:
QUOTE=DarlingNikki;7418147]I made an 85 on the reading. I kind of remember the mistake, but it didn't bother me enough to make that big of a difference.[/QUOTE]

I was totally shocked I got a 35. I just thought I made at least an 80 or so...I guess I don't know how to read and understand things too well :confused:
QUOTE=DarlingNikki;7418147]I made an 85 on the reading. I kind of remember the mistake, but it didn't bother me enough to make that big of a difference.
[/quote]

Did the mistake throw you off?

I made a 93 on the reading. It was easier than the August pcat. The answers in August were too ambiguous, and the ones from Oct were pretty straightforward and clear answers. You guys just did bad on that section.

I made a 93 on the reading. It was easier than the August pcat. The answers in August were too ambiguous, and the ones from Oct were pretty straightforward and clear answers. You guys just did bad on that section.

i felt the August was easier and I did better on the August, so i disagree.

I did poorly on the RC sections on practice exams but I still managed to somehow pull an 89. I think you guys just did poorly and if any scoring is fishy, it's the writing section.

I felt like I did the same on reading in October as I did on reading in August.
I got an 80 in August and a 47 in October. The passages/questions weren't that much more difficult, but something must have had to happen in order for me to drop 33 points.

I got an 80 in August and a 47 in October. The passages/questions weren't that much more difficult, but something must have had to happen in order for me to drop 33 points.

when they scale the score to /600, did they count in the difficulty of the passenges or only the number of correct answers. I thought I did well on RC and felt it was easy... clearly it wasn't reflected on my score result. :confused:

Perhaps the scoring is weird.

Let us say there are 30 questions on the section.

The scoring could be something like this:

30 correct = 99
29 correct = 95
28 correct = 90
27 correct = 80
26 correct = 70
25 correct = 65
24 correct = 55
23 correct = 50
22 correct = 40
21 correct = 38

etc!!

Where only two questions can make the difference in 15 percentile points!!!!

Did you ever think the reading is so easy that just one question can make the difference by as much as 10 percentile points!

While on the quantitative section, no one seems to finish. So you can leave 5 blank, get the rest right and still get a 99 on that section?

I had a big drop in the RC section too! I kind of felt confident on this section after leaving the exam room because I thought the passages and questions weren't too difficult. I was planning to rely on RC to boost my composite score, but I guess it didn't.

Yeah I did terrible on RC and I read ALL the time!! I read all my text books for school and leisure books as well. I totally thought that section was a breeze so I was SHOCKED that I got something in the 40s (I think...I really didn't want to look at my score too long :laugh:)

::shrug::

I will be more prepared next time I take the PCAT.