Reading Comprehension

Started by Vivian L
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vivian L

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I was practicing on DATBootcamp Reading comprehension before my membership expired and I kept hovering around 18. But when I did the free ADA practice tests just now, I somehow I scored 47/50. That leads me to ask how accurate is DATBootcamp's RC? Thankyou
 
I agree that bootcamp is harder but the ADA practice DAT are notriously known to be WAAAAY easier than the actual DAT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I tell many other people but simply reading more often, any topic is the best way (not sdn posts though kekeke)! Read research articles and novels.

Strategy wise I wouldn't recommend the search and destroy as the questions are becoming more total passage based and not just looking for a certain section or words.
 
The goal is to increase reading speed and comprehension levels and this can be easily accomplished by old fashion reading. If you dedicate just 30 minutes a day to reading while preparing for the DAT that's a lot of reading accomplished over the course of your preparation. Make it a habit to read just before bed, not on a computer or phone but an actual book or magazine, it will also help fall asleep. Old school still works for certain things. From experience trying to predict a score for reading using a timed test is more or less a crap shoot, too many variables are possible..

Just my 2 cents