Reading Comprehension

Started by eyes12
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hello, did you read the passage first and then answer the questions or the opposite? Did you write down key words? Did you skim through the passage first or try to comprehend it? Did you use Crl F to find words? Thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1) Cliffs
2) Pearson Tests
3) Dr. Collins
4) ExamKrackers 101 Passages in Reading
5) Learn to speed-read and comprehend
...
99) Kaplan

that's about it 😛
hi HPhallows,
I realized that u suggested Cliffs as your first choice for RC practice. I did a couple of the Cliffs exams and I found them to be relatively easy and scored above 70% everytime but when I did the real PCAT, I scored 26 percentile. The same idea for collins.do you have any suggestions as to why there is such a big difference? maybe i'm doing something wrong? thanks
 
hi HPhallows,
I realized that u suggested Cliffs as your first choice for RC practice. I did a couple of the Cliffs exams and I found them to be relatively easy and scored above 70% everytime but when I did the real PCAT, I scored 26 percentile. The same idea for collins.do you have any suggestions as to why there is such a big difference? maybe i'm doing something wrong? thanks

I agree.. I scored 60% or 70%'s on those reading comprehension passages and my actual score was 19%. I do believe that the main point is to develop a reading strategy. If you think that you will perform better by reading the passages first, keep practice with that strategy with any testprep passages you find.
 
I hate vague OPs. What do you mean how do you study for reading comprehension? Well let's see here. first you study, and then you have to comprehend the reading. Usually if you don't comprehend the reading, then it shows adcoms that you are unable to comprehend the reading. And sometimes, you can comprehend the reading. And if you do, you're in good shape. But sometimes you can't comprehend the reading such as "how do you study for reading comprehension?" usually, it's harder to comprehend the reading. Sometimes you have to practice the comprehension of the reading or you;ll never be able to comprehend it.
:beat:
 
hi,
I was also wondering what the reading comprehension is like on the computer. I find it easiest to skim the questions then look for the answers but is this possible on the computer or will that be too much clicking back and forth? Thanks!