Reading Recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cutetuna

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! My boyfriend has always been on the pre-med track but recently he has shown a lot of interest in becoming a DO. I would love to get him a book or any other resources that would maybe stimulate his interest further and help him make a decision. I was hoping to get him something like this as one of his gifts for Christmas (and kind of for myself too ;)). I would love to be able to get him an internship or something a little more helpful but a good read is a fine start :p.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! So I personally can't recommend too much outside of general medicine stuff, in which case "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" and "The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down" are my personal faves. I also recently checked out of my local library a book called The DO's by Norman Gevitz but I'll get back to you on that one.

However there's a thread on the DO forums called Good Books to Read that might be able to help you more? I think a few people there put some osteopathic specific books.

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/good-books-to-read.982959/

Oh, I probably should've looked around for a thread like that before making my own lol. Thanks so much for the input! I've heard "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" is great, and it's one of the books my students can read for extra credit so I should probably read it myself.... When you finish The DO's please let me know if it's worth the purchase!!

Reactions: 1 user