Reading Section??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgeon

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know how to successfully tackle the reading section? Should I read through the entire passge or just the first line of each paragraph or should I go straight to the answers?

Members don't see this ad.

surgeon said:
I wanted to know how to successfully tackle the reading section? Should I read through the entire passge or just the first line of each paragraph or should I go straight to the answers?

A lot of it depends on the type of reader you are.. Fast or slow..

I'm a fairly slow reader. When I did the RC, I read the whole article, wrote down a key word or 2 about each paragraph and then hit the questions. When doing the questions your list of key words is kinda like an index that allows you to find the answer in the passage.

The RC section on the exam was not as hard as I thought it was going to be. The passages are long but each paragraph is only a couple of sentences.

good luck

Do a DAT forum search with "reading" or "rc" in the title. This has been discussed many times, and you should be able to find a variety of helpful answers.

I spend a lot of time reading stuff on the internet and so I was easily able to read the first question or two and then search the passage basically for key words; then repeat. Just make sure u find the exact answer to the question, if u guess u will get it wrong. imo