Real DAT RC tone/inference vs fact

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d3nt15t

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the real DAT, what percentage of the questions are fact-based, and what percentage are tone/inference/other?

Members don't see this ad.

for my test version, and If I remember correctly, I'd say 70-75% were factual and 25-30% were "tone" based.

Just know one thing, for the DAT, because the passages are long as hell (close to 1500 words) the factual questions are the most troubeling sometimes cause they draw ideas from different areas (paragraphs) from the passage. where as the tone questions are more based on 1 paragraph where the author is describing how he/she feels.

For this particular test (DAT's RC), I think the tone questions are a bit easier than the factual questions

I just took the DAT last month, and I had about maybe 5-6 tone/inference questions. A couple were difficult, but most of them were really obvious.

Thanks, I was just a bit concerned because I've been doing well on the Topscore RC, but noticed there are practically zero tone/inference questions. Does Topscore RC prepare you well for the real DAT RC?