Real DAT vs. CDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Svart Aske

Dental Padawan
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who have taken the DAT, how does the PAT section compare to CDP? I'm asking because I find CDP very inconsistent in terms of difficulty. Having taken 6 tests thus far, I've scored between 19 and 29.

Members don't see this ad.

To those who have taken the DAT, how does the PAT section compare to CDP? I'm asking because I find CDP very inconsistent in terms of difficulty. Having taken 6 tests thus far, I've scored between 19 and 29.

if you are scoring 29 in CDP with 60 mins. don't waste your time you are good for PAT. Spend more time for other sections. good luck

I know for most people they thought crack dat pat was spot on to the real DAT but for me I took all 10 Crack Dat Pat tests and averaged a 22 on them and then on the real DAT i got a 19 for PAT i was really disappointed. And just from my own experience not all the crack Dat pat test are created equal. Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I averaged a 24 on all 10 CDP tests and got a 23 on the real thing. I'd say CDP will predict your real score within +- 1 point.

can you guys plesase explain the exact difference bet what they would do on cdp for hole punching that they wouldnt do on the dat? thanks.

I averaged a 24 on all 10 CDP tests and got a 23 on the real thing. I'd say CDP will predict your real score within +- 1 point.

Thanks for replying. Were your scores roughly consistent or did they show great variation like mine?

Mine were fairly consistent besides the random 20 and 29 which were attained by chance alone.

I suggest just figuring out how to do the half holes because at least you'd be prepared for it just in case you come across it on the real thing...I think when I was studying for it I heard that the half holes weren't on the real test but went ahead and prep for it and I think (I can't remember) there was probably like one or two on there