Real Pcat vs. Pearson Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmRae

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So im taking my pcat on the 14th and im scoring 60-70% on all the pearson test and its so discouraging. Is the real pcat just as intense as the pearson, or is it slightly easier. Im getting mixed reviews from previous post.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the PCAT Jan 5th and it was more intense than the 2 Pearson practice tests I took.
I'm sure others will agree with me, but I'm sure there's also a number of people that would disagree and say it was easier than the pearson tests.

It really just depends on the questions you get on the actual PCAT and how familiar you are with the content.

For what it's worth, although I did think it was harder than the pearson tests, I scored in the range pearson predicted.

Reactions: 1 user
So im taking my pcat on the 14th and im scoring 60-70% on all the pearson test and its so discouraging. Is the real pcat just as intense as the pearson, or is it slightly easier. Im getting mixed reviews from previous post.
When people say easy or hard, it's all based on their own knowledge. If the question in Pearson that wasn't in Collins study guide, they could get it correct for a reason that they have some background. It's really hard to judge.
I would defined say Pearson is more similar than Kaplan, and more close to what pcat look like.
Pay attention!!! I didn't say it's the same! It's similar on the "strength" of the question. No matter how much I studied, my background knowledge, practicing Preston and Collins.. Still didn't help to improve Kaplan practice.. Eventually I gave up.. I found Kaplan to be rediculously detailed..
No matter how much I studied I still got low on Kaplan consistently. Finally I put it away, cause it gave me zero knowledge.
If you got wrong in Pearson, look up the answer and study it.

When people say easy or hard, it's all based on their own knowledge. If the question in Pearson that wasn't in Collins study guide, they could get it correct for a reason that they have some background. It's really hard to judge.
I would defined say Pearson is more similar than Kaplan, and more close to what pcat look like.
Pay attention!!! I didn't say it's the same! It's similar on the "strength" of the question. No matter how much I studied, my background knowledge, practicing Preston and Collins.. Still didn't help to improve Kaplan practice.. Eventually I gave up.. I found Kaplan to be rediculously detailed..
No matter how much I studied I still got low on Kaplan consistently. Finally I put it away, cause it gave me zero knowledge.
If you got wrong in Pearson, look up the answer and study it.
Okay thank you i will definitely do that!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the pcat Jan 12th and did way better on the pcat in comparison to the kaplans (its not pearson but still) practice test. I took the practice test about 3 days before my pcat and got around a 60%-70% in bio and chem. In the end, I ended up scoring a 94% in bio and 89% in chem, so don't feel to discouraged because of the practice tests.

I took the pcat Jan 12th and did way better on the pcat in comparison to the kaplans (its not pearson but still) practice test. I took the practice test about 3 days before my pcat and got around a 60%-70% in bio and chem. In the end, I ended up scoring a 94% in bio and 89% in chem, so don't feel to discouraged because of the practice tests.
Thank you lol that make me feel better Im just going to keep reviewing and go in with a positive attitude

Yeah. They same thing happened to me as well. I took the PCAT around November. On their Kaplan practice tests I kept getting 30s and the Pearson practice tests I got 50s. On the day of the test I've gotten 80s in their science sections and 70 in math. The Pearson tests and Dr.Collins helped me a lot.

Yeah. They same thing happened to me as well. I took the PCAT around November. On their Kaplan practice tests I kept getting 30s and the Pearson practice tests I got 50s. On the day of the test I've gotten 80s in their science sections and 70 in math. The Pearson tests and Dr.Collins helped me a lot.
Well today is the day. Thank you for the advice, im going to put my all into it