dr4244

10+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
Hi,
I am currently applying to Anesthesiology and have received a handful of interviews. Some of the interviews have been better than I expected. From your experiences/people that you know, do I really have a shot at these schools or are they dreams? I don't want to build up my hopes unnecessarily.

I received dead average on the USMLE 1 and have had two publications (second author) in college (not in anesthesia). I have done some research on anesthesia and am working on the manuscript now.

Anyways, I managed to receive interviews at my state schools (NY) including columbia, cornell, nyu. However, it seems as if they interview a lot of people. Any opinions on if they would even consider me to be a probable candidate?

Southpaw

SDN Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Any opinions on if they would even consider me to be a probable candidate?

I wouldn't imagine they'd waste the time, resources, and money to bring you in for the interview experience if they weren't serious about you as a candidate. If you can't be confident in yourself, then why would anyone else be? Like Jet says, walk with some swagger.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.