Realistic Chances after Interviews

Discussion in 'Anesthesiology' started by dr4244, Dec 15, 2008.

1. dr4244

Hi,
    I am currently applying to Anesthesiology and have received a handful of interviews. Some of the interviews have been better than I expected. From your experiences/people that you know, do I really have a shot at these schools or are they dreams? I don't want to build up my hopes unnecessarily.

I received dead average on the USMLE 1 and have had two publications (second author) in college (not in anesthesia). I have done some research on anesthesia and am working on the manuscript now.

Anyways, I managed to receive interviews at my state schools (NY) including columbia, cornell, nyu. However, it seems as if they interview a lot of people. Any opinions on if they would even consider me to be a probable candidate?

2. Southpaw

Southpaw ASA Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I wouldn't imagine they'd waste the time, resources, and money to bring you in for the interview experience if they weren't serious about you as a candidate. If you can't be confident in yourself, then why would anyone else be? Like Jet says, walk with some swagger.

3. Taurus

Taurus Paul Revere of Medicine
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Like Taurus says, grow some balls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...