Realistic Chances after Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr4244

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am currently applying to Anesthesiology and have received a handful of interviews. Some of the interviews have been better than I expected. From your experiences/people that you know, do I really have a shot at these schools or are they dreams? I don't want to build up my hopes unnecessarily.

I received dead average on the USMLE 1 and have had two publications (second author) in college (not in anesthesia). I have done some research on anesthesia and am working on the manuscript now.

Anyways, I managed to receive interviews at my state schools (NY) including columbia, cornell, nyu. However, it seems as if they interview a lot of people. Any opinions on if they would even consider me to be a probable candidate?

Members don't see this ad.

Any opinions on if they would even consider me to be a probable candidate?

I wouldn't imagine they'd waste the time, resources, and money to bring you in for the interview experience if they weren't serious about you as a candidate. If you can't be confident in yourself, then why would anyone else be? Like Jet says, walk with some swagger.