Realistic Derm Chances...should I schedule a 3rd year derm rotation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdquestion

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my board score back and wondering if it's worth it to consider dermatology. I'm still on the fence on a few other specialties (Medicine, Psychiatry, Urology)....which I like for different reasons. Just interested to see from people to see if its worth it to do a rotation this year and see if it's what I like. I'd probably have to take a gap research year if I do go for it I assume considering my board scores are maybe acceptable, but really not stellar by derm terms. Unfortunately, want to match in CA which I know isn't easy. Want to be realistic.

Top 5 school
Step 1: 239
Class Rank: none, no rankings
Pre-clinical: Pass (P/F)
Third year: no grades yet.
Pubs: 2 basic science, first author (non-derm), 1 medical education paper, shared author (non-derm), 1 basic science review, first author (derm), 1 commentary, first author (non-derm, highly circulated international medical journal)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.