Really dumb question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

euphaire

Blank
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do all the dental schools send a "application received" email once they receive your AADSAS applications? I haven't gotten such an email from most schools. My application was sent on Sept 2nd. Since it's electronic it should be instant....or so AADSAS says. Should I be worried about this? Should I call the schools and ask? Should I go ahead and mail out my supplemental fees before even getting those automatic confirmation emails?

Sorry this might a really dumb question but I do NOT want to make any mistake here based on my own assumptions. :scared:

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That was barely over a week ago...

Go check the main interview thread if you want to know about app complete emails.

Send those checks in if you want them to look at your file.

You're behind huge stacks of applications that haven't been looked at.
Don't wait for the application received emails.

Unless... you want to delay your application even further.

Members don't see this ad :)
Send those checks in if you want them to look at your file.

You're behind huge stacks of applications that haven't been looked at.
Don't wait for the application received emails.

Unless... you want to delay your application even further.

But what about the schools that say you have to wait till an admission officer contacts you for a secondary and the application fees. I would wait for the secondary invitations from those schools rather than just turn in the application as indicated by the schools. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

But what about the schools that say you have to wait till an officer contacts you for a secondary and the application fees. I would wait for the secondary invitations from those schools rather than just turn in the application as indicated by the schools. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong.

SO wait til an officer contacts you.

Just follow their simple instructions and you'll be fine :)

I'll tell you what I did. I checked the website of each school. Some schools have supplemental applications, and some schools don't. I read the directions on each schools website and on AADSAS. If I was confused about something I called the school. Some schools just require an extra fee from everyone automatically. Others have you send in the fee with the supplemental.

Do all the dental schools send a "application received" email once they receive your AADSAS applications? I haven't gotten such an email from most schools. My application was sent on Sept 2nd. Since it's electronic it should be instant....or so AADSAS says. Should I be worried about this? Should I call the schools and ask? Should I go ahead and mail out my supplemental fees before even getting those automatic confirmation emails?

Sorry this might a really dumb question but I do NOT want to make any mistake here based on my own assumptions. :scared:

Thanks!

Submitted AADSAS 6/2.

Didn't get confirmation e-mail/request for secondaries/fees until at least 3 weeks later, up to a month and counting. Some even more for other schools!

Like everyone said, follow directions and you're golden.

Although this late into the cycle, you may or may not get an e-mail... So :xf: like we all are! Haha

DECEMBER 1st NEEDS TO COME NOW!

Last year - I didn't get anything updated from AADSAS for some schools - they don't like using the AADSAS portal... like NYU