Really good micro source

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mlh25

Not sure if many have used this but I thought Microcards were really great for step I. I'd never heard of it but someone in my class suggested them. Very manageable and comprehensive. Most have probably take it at this point but anyone else should definately give it a shot.

Members don't see this ad.

I used FA and HY Micro. Worked well for me. Most of us had very little pure "micro" on the exam, however.

I didn't have much "pure" micro either. The previous poster's opinion/dis aside... clinical micro is a big part of the exam and microcards were great, better in my opinion then all the other big namers

Aside from FA, I used the middle section of the Kaplan Micro and Immuno book...lots of nice tables in their clinical microbiology section. It was a great way to get thru a lot of bugs based on symptoms and organ system.

mlh25 said:
Not sure if many have used this but I thought Microcards were really great for step I. I'd never heard of it but someone in my class suggested them. Very manageable and comprehensive. Most have probably take it at this point but anyone else should definately give it a shot.

Hey, thanks for the info...do you think these cards are useful for the second year microbio course too or just for reviewing for the boards?