Really need your advice!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mardr2b

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a non trad student, I've been studying for the DAT for the last 6 months, this is the second time I want to attempt this exam. First time I took it was 2 years ago and I was not prepared at all.
This time I took my time and preparing for everything at my own pace and trying not to stress and really get the concept of all the topics. As the test day approaches I'm starting to freak and still have a little material to cover
2 chapt of orgo
review chem ( just review some concepts I learned it already)
review bio ( I review bio everyday either by doing 40 destroyer questions or some practice test)
I do 1 practice test of PAT a day
still have to do reading
and haven't started math
I have 4 weeks do you think I can accomplish this 5-6 days a week studying 8 hours a day ?
My other choice would be postponing the exam for late August but the entire month of July I have an obligation and I will maybe have a few hours to review just to keep the material fresh. I would be back in August and will study and take it at the end. The problem with that is I might forget a lot of material or get rusty on some things.
What is your advice for this situation? I am my own worst enemy I have absolutely no confidence and tend to start panicking and forget the information. I appreciate any advice Thank you !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I personally wouldn't postpone. It sounds like you've gotten through most of the review/learning material already, and you still have 4 weeks left! I'm down to 3 weeks and am still reviewing/learning, so if you're screwed, so am I :eek:

But I do think 4 weeks should be plenty of time to get through everything, especially with 8 hour study days. I know it feels so overwhelming now, but think of how nice it will be when this test is no longer hanging over your head! You said you have an obligation the entire month of July, so even if you post pone until August, you wouldn't be able to utilize an entire month of that time, during which you would probably forget some stuff and have to start reviewing all over again. In short, you would pretty much be worse off then you are now! I say just grind it out these next few weeks and go for it!

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't started math either! Test is on June 24 :arghh:

This application has taken a big chunk of my study time these past few days!

Also, here is some advice I need to follow as well: go over what you struggle with! I tend to waste a lot of study time reviewing material I enjoy instead of what I need to work on most. Next think I know, a week has gone by and I am no better at these damn mechanisms or A & P! lol

Point is, study smart and you will be fine :)