SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Really need your help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Happyfeet29, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Happyfeet29

Happyfeet29 2+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2007
    I really need some info about Rutgers - Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy. It's a 0-6 program and I know all the basics about it. However, I would really like some more in-depth info. Anyone go there? How's the program? How are the professors? How are the dorms? Some personal experience. THANKS IN ADVANCE!;)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. IDreamOfdrugsRX

IDreamOfdrugsRX

Apr 2, 2007
    Hi I actually go to rutgers right now and graduating this semester but I am not in the pharmacy program here. I am actually going to go to Temple School of Pharmacy. However, my roommate is in the pharmacy program at Rutgers. I highly recommend that if you are a high school student and even considering Rugters pharmacy apply asap. If you are a transfer then the chances are extremely slim (even if you have a 4.0). But applying never hurts.

But about Rutgers in general...I absolutely love it. Its been the best four years of my life. The school is really big and diverse...alot of places to go and lots of different people. The class sizes are pretty big, especially the intro chem and orgo classes. The sciences class here are pretty tough but once you get a hang of it and learn how to study you'll be fine.

4. Happyfeet29

Happyfeet29 2+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I was begining to think that there were no Rutgers students in this forum. Any inside info about dorms. I'd love to hear about the program and the professors from your friend who's in the pharmacy program at Rutgers. Again, thanks for the info.:)

5. ADN1226

ADN1226 Class of 2012! 7+ Year Member

May 21, 2006
    I can tell you about the dorms. Its like any other school I believe, if you're def going to RU then you should stay on Busch campus where all the science people are including lots of fellow pharm students and engineers (which means lots of asians - south asian and east asian) or if you opt to stay away and be more involved in the general study body then live on College Ave where theres students from all walks of life. The freshmen dorms are regular - one bedroom, 2people, bathroom is shared with other people. spacious enough for a dorm room. I guess thats all. The pharm professors are nice I think, my PI is one of them, she teaches mol bio - generally i've found they were helpful. Even for pchem they have a recitation to help those that aren't doing so great.