Really Really dumb question about May 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK if one already has an acceptance to one school but is WAITING for an answer at others, do they have to withdraw from the others by May 15th even if they don't know if they are in or not or are on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I THINK you can have only ONE deposit down by May 15th. If you're still waiting from other schools, I don't think you have to withdraw.

The May 15th deadline means you must be holding only one acceptance. If you haven't heard (this late?) or are on the waitlist at another program, you don't need to withdraw from those places. Further, if you are at a later date accepted off a waitlist, you're supposed to get 2 weeks to consider. Though if you switch you lose your admissions deposit at the first school.

Neuronix said:
The May 15th deadline means you must be holding only one acceptance. If you haven't heard (this late?) or are on the waitlist at another program, you don't need to withdraw from those places. Further, if you are at a later date accepted off a waitlist, you're supposed to get 2 weeks to consider. Though if you switch you lose your admissions deposit at the first school.

Thanx everybody I really appreciate it! :)