Really really low science gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacyforme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a bad semester fall 2008, and my science GPA dropped to a 2.3....(i'm so embarrassed)

This semester im taking FIVE science classes each worth 4 credits. Im pretty good at the sciences but like i said i had a terrible semester last fall.

I have A's and B+'s in all of the classes im taking this semester, how much will this bring up my GPA?:confused::oops: I applied to some schools for fall 2009, but since my fall grades were updated my gpa looks horrible. Will the schools take into consideration that im taking most my science classes this semester, which i am positive will up my GPA by the end of the spring? Also i have a B in organic chem 1 and a bachelors degree in pharmaceutical sciences.

please help!
thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Lots of people have a bad semester. Getting a 2.3 isn't the end of the world, but it certainly doesn't help. What courses did you take during that semester? Pre-reqs or electives? Did you fail/get D's or was it straight C+'s? Also, how many science credits do you have already? 1 semester can easily be modified, but if you already have 2 or 3 years of science, that won't be easy to fix. What caused the bad results? Something personal or were you lazy? Depending on the schools you applied to, they might take your fall grades into consideration. Either way, you now have an uphill battle, and you will have to work hard (ie. A's (ideally) and B's like you're doing) to get out of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you google GPA calculator you can find some online sources to help you determine what your GPA will be. Most decisions are out by March so they likely won't consider your spring grades.