Really SAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldpro

MS IV
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's really sad how many students are willing to run to, defend and spend thousands making some people rich who set up schools to make them rich and could care less about the students.

There re schools who open up and with in a year or two raise tuition so high that it equals or exceeds the BIG 4 in how much the charge. Others are opening up like a McDonalds fanchise without any real accredatitations or approvals,

A newer (Scam) is to prey on Nursing and Pharmacy students, there are new Nursing and pharmacy schools opening up and students are now lining up to start, fake students, agents for these schools pretend to be students on the internet and promote the schools as legit and do anything they can to argue with those of us who question the validity of such schools.

It's Damm sad really. :eek:

There are legit schools with charters and take it on the slow side to get approvals and such I'm not talking about these, but there are also these schools who lie on the websites they have and get the students to believe in the school. They say things like "in 2001 there was a initiative to start a school............." so people think the school started in 2001, when in IMED it says 2004 for instance, "We are WHO accredited and ECMFG accredited for the USA" another misleading statement since both these orgs list not accredit.

Time and time again people think I'm bashing when I point out the truth.....
SAD! (I think the ones accusing of bashing work for the schools anyway)

Members don't see this ad.

You keep scaring me, oldpro.

Are the Big 4 one of those schools you are talking about?

You keep scaring me, oldpro.

Are the Big 4 one of those schools you are talking about?

No I hesitate to name these schools, I know of handful who have done this,

The Big 4 are safe and there are few others who are too:

SMU ( yeah even with the problems)
SJSM (Same)
MUA Nevis

A few others ,

these schools even with problems are not guilty of such,

but there are 30+ schools in the Caribbean and some are close to pure scams.

Members don't see this ad :)
what about University of St. Eustatius ?

As much as I hate to admit I focused on posting about problems at other schools several times when the real problems are the ones that are close to or are scams and diploma mills thats what I'm talking about.

These are the schools ( used loosely) that hurt the rest of US