Really stupid question but..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wow1212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:) hi~
I got a really stupid question but don't know the anwer. so i am asking you guys~
It's about the interview.
Let's say that you have an interview far away and you have to stay at hotel overnight. So at interview day(which usually start around 8 or 9) don't you have to check out from the hotel?
So how do you carry all of your staffs( the cloth from previous day...something that's too big to put into the "professional-look bag")
I am wondering :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

wow1212 said:
:) hi~
I got a really stupid question but don't know the anwer. so i am asking you guys~
It's about the interview.
Let's say that you have an interview far away and you have to stay at hotel overnight. So at interview day(which usually start around 8 or 9) don't you have to check out from the hotel?
So how do you carry all of your staffs( the cloth from previous day...something that's too big to put into the "professional-look bag")
I am wondering :confused:

obviously you've never travelled, eh! Anyways, hotels have baggage storage rooms which allow you to store your stuff until you come back...Im pretty sure all hotels have it, but when making your reservation, it might be best to give them a call/email to make sure...

Members don't see this ad :)
When I was checking in, I informed the counter that I would have to be late when checking out due to interview and so on and so... and they were generous enough to type in few comments line to their guest record or database. no extra charge too...

Is it okay to bring your stuff with you for the interview? I am thinking of heading straight to the airport after the interview.

at case western, when i interviewed, i saw someone bring a duffle bag. so i assume its ok. the interviews took place in the offices of the faculty memeber anyway, so you might be just fine with bringing them.

Cindy82 said:
Is it okay to bring your stuff with you for the interview? I am thinking of heading straight to the airport after the interview.

in several places that i interviewed last year...people brought their suitcases and luggage so they could go to the airport right after. it's perfectly fine...

Yup, I echo that. For med school interviews, all the suitcases were locked in the same room as the coats.

Cindy82 said:

Completely ok and acceptable. The staff will be more worried about taking care of your stuff than judging you on bringing luggage.

BTW, this happens in business all the time...on the day you fly out, if you're headed straight to the APO, you bring your stuff with you (if you're taking a cab, otherwise just leave it in the rental car). Personally, I hate checking stuff in at the hotel...it takes too long to get it later (and it's inconvenient).

I think too many people worry about the ancillary stuff...like suit color, tie color, skirt or pants, etc. The important thing about the interview is the interview itself. It doesn't matter much about the other stuff, as long as you can be professional about it.

Plus, I would travel light if I were you. Take along a travel backpack, like from Eagle Creek or any other travel brand (Victorinox is crap, btw).