Really stupid question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2DEG

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all...

I am gonna re-apply this cycle - hoping to submit my application in late July or so. I was wondering, do you have to send all the transcripts again? Or just from my current school where I have taken courses?

Also, on AMCAS, will they already have all of my info and I just have to update it? OR Do I have to re-enter everything as if it was a brand new application?

Thanks,
S.

Members don't see this ad.

2DEG said:
Hey all...

I am gonna re-apply this cycle - hoping to submit my application in late July or so. I was wondering, do you have to send all the transcripts again? Or just from my current school where I have taken courses?

Also, on AMCAS, will they already have all of my info and I just have to update it? OR Do I have to re-enter everything as if it was a brand new application?

Thanks,
S.

Sorry, got to resubmit them.(I know, pain in the rear)

Here's the link

The first year I reapplied I had to reenter all the information about my classes. This year everything was in AMCAS so all I had to do was add the new stuff. Just make sure you use the same log in/AAMC ID number.

Yes, you do have to send in your transcripts again. But overall, for me, it was much less painful this year because I didn't have to re-enter five or six years of classes.

As far as the other sections of AMCAS, you can change the existing information but at least for me all my stuff from last year was still in there. I changed my ECs and stuff like that, but my name, and all that other stuff was still the same.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Dave_D and Sally for your emails. I just logged on using my 06 userid/password, and seems like all the info is there. I am glad I asked my rather stupid question. I can send my transcripts right now. I am not planning to submit my application until early August.

Sally..I will be at the UNC hospitals one day every week. Not sure which day yet.

mustangsally65 said:
The first year I reapplied I had to reenter all the information about my classes. This year everything was in AMCAS so all I had to do was add the new stuff. Just make sure you use the same log in/AAMC ID number.

Yes, you do have to send in your transcripts again. But overall, for me, it was much less painful this year because I didn't have to re-enter five or six years of classes.

As far as the other sections of AMCAS, you can change the existing information but at least for me all my stuff from last year was still in there. I changed my ECs and stuff like that, but my name, and all that other stuff was still the same.

Let me encourage you to submit as soon as possible. I believe it is especially important as a reapplicant to be there early so they will have to look over your app a lot and will remember it. Even though we're taking the August MCAT, they shouldn't reject anyone until MCAT scores come out in October, and if you have old MCAT scores they might just go ahead and interview you early and then wait on the MCAT scores. This happened with me at ECU last year: I had MCAT scores from April, and even though I retook the MCAT in August, I was interviewed at ECU in September about a month before scores were released. Early interviews are key. :luck:

i have a stupid question... when applying to amcas... do i submit my recommendaiton letters to them or do i submit it to each individual school.......

ValidPoint said:
i have a stupid question... when applying to amcas... do i submit my recommendaiton letters to them or do i submit it to each individual school.......

ValidPoint:

You never have to submit recommendation letters to AMCAS or anyone else other than the schools you are applying to.

Additionally, you would submit LOR (Letters of Recommendations) only when you submit your secondary application.

Hope that helps.
S.

2DEG said:
ValidPoint:

You never have to submit recommendation letters to AMCAS or anyone else other than the schools you are applying to.

Additionally, you would submit LOR (Letters of Recommendations) only when you submit your secondary application.

Hope that helps.
S.

hey s... thanks for the info... this totally helps... :thumbup: