Really worried about chances!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajmahal1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I applied on Sept 28 and recently called AADSAS and now they say its an 8 week process. Schools won't get my application till late Nov.

My AADSAS number is 5828. Am a screwed?

UOP, my number one choice says they are already booked into December. The good news is I know the director of admissions but I told her my application would be there in a week or two.

My question is, is my AADSAS number too high? Im really really worried b/c I have a great application. (double major from UCSD, work experience in finance for a year, and a 22 DAT score)

What are my chances of getting an interview at UOP, USC, NYU, UCSF, UCLA??

Please respond with any help!!

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if it makes you feel any better as far as UOP, my AADSAS number is much lower than yours and they still haven't called. I was sure I was a shoo-in with my DAT scores, but who the heck knows? Don't stress about it too much, since all you can do is wait from here on out. Keep in mind that many people will still be applying even through December - probably 2-3 thousand more.

Dr. Yarborough was at my school yesterday doing a presentation and he definitely emphasized applying as early as possible. But, he also encouraged everyone to apply for next year ASAP if they haven't already, indicating that there was still a chance even though you'll be competing against more applicants. Yes, your chances would have been better had you applied already, but the fact that you know someone on the admissions committee will help you stick out a lot better.

I agree with Typo. My AADSAS # is within the first 100 sent out this cycle and I still haven't heard from UOP but I have heard from many other schools. As to if your AADSAS number really matters, I don't think it is a high priority as long as you meet the schools deadline for application, although if someone has your same stat's and gets their in before you, they will be looked at before you. So in that case it may matter. But, lots of applicants to get interviews and acceptances after Dec 1st.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you get your AADSAS number? Is it something that AADSAS will send you? After I submitted online, all it gave me was a transaction ID. Thanks.

luder98 said:
How did you get your AADSAS number? Is it something that AADSAS will send you? After I submitted online, all it gave me was a transaction ID. Thanks.
You can give them a call if it's been a couple weeks and they might have it. Otherwise, you'll get it when they send you the pink sheet - it's on the top right corner, I think.

Typo said:
You can give them a call if it's been a couple weeks and they might have it. Otherwise, you'll get it when they send you the pink sheet - it's on the top right corner, I think.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait for a few more weeks. Just sent in last Friday.

my number is in the 54xx range.. i better not be screwed :(

btw i applied on sept 13.. seems like 400 people apply every two weeks

To the OP: the problem isn't that you are a poor candidate, but that statistically you are doing battle for fewer spots than are those applicants who applied early.

You stated the problem yourself--schools are booked for interviews until December (and many into January at this point). Of course, schools are going to continue to get application until the point where they get yours, so your interview dates will quite feasibly be February/March.

Are you out of luck? Nope. Students still get in at that point because not all spots are taken. Will it be more difficult? Yes, just from a logistical standpoint--there will be many before you who have been accepted, and many before you who are already on waitlists.

I think you'll do fine with your DAT score, but that doesn't mean you won't experience some stress as you sit around and wait. Good luck! :)