Reapplicant Advice- School list and P.S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mnkman296

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a reapplicant this year after taking 2 years off to do work as a research technician in a biology lab.

I recently retook the MCAT, originally received a 499, now up to a 508 (126,127,127,128). Overall GPA 3.75, sGPA 3.65

I have pretty decent ECs. I have a lot of hours volunteering in an emergency room, plenty of research experience with awards for presentations, and a recent first author publication in an mid-impact journal.

Should I do a complete overhaul of my personal statement, or should an edit suffice? If anyone with a good amount of experience would be willing to take a look at it I would be very appreciative.

I am trying to cast a wide net this cycle, and have a list of schools that I would gladly take any advice on: I am a NY state resident who lived in NJ for my whole life until last year.

Albany Medical College
Cooper
Creighton
Drexel
GWU
Buffalo
Temple
Loyola
MCW
NYMC
Oakland
Penn State
Quinnipiac
Rosalind Franklin
Rush
Both Rutgers
Thomas Jefferson
SUNY Upstate
SUNY Downstate
Stony Brook
Tufts
Tulane
VCU
Wake Forest

Any other advice would be awesome! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You have a very good list. You could add these schools:
Vermont
Georgetown
St. Louis
Also consider applying to at least 8 DO schools and you have NYIT, Touro, PCOM and LECOM in your region.

Reactions: 1 user