Reapplicant Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studentdoctor!

Reaction score
I applied this cycle and received 5 II, waitlisted at all of them (FIU, UM Miller, USF, UCF, Nova MD). I graduated 2019 from FIU. I have a 3.79 GPA and 512 MCAT. I know that there is a chance I could get off a waitlist but I'm already preparing to reapply for next cycle. I believe that the schools that I applied to out-of-state were out of my reach (Boston U, NYU, Johns Hopkins, U Chicago, Albert Einstein, Emory, SUNY Downstate, Northwestern) and none of them offered an II.

I was wondering if you could help me find target schools (both MD and DO) based on my stats that are a better fit for me, so that I don't have as many pre-II R's next cycle.

Extracurriculars (900+): Peer tutoring, study abroad, volunteer for research, mentoring program

Volunteering (255 Hours): Hospital, health fairs

Research (800+): Child motor development lab, posters and publication

Paid clinical research (5000): Have been working as a research assistant and now research coordinator for 5 years

Please let me know what you think! Besides being promoted at my job and publishing a paper, there is nothing different about my application for the next cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Just use MSAR and apply to schools where you are near the average. You should be competitive for most schools outside of the top 30.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user