reapplicant advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunn802

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

so im a reapplicant for the 2009 cycle. I graduated with a bachelors in biology and have gotten accepted into a masters degree program in bioethics from Case Western Reserve University which is only 2 semesters long. Will this degree truly be benefical for my acceptance into dental school? If it will be, how much exactly? Or should I just study hard and retake my DAT?

My current DAT scores are:

PAT: 17
Bio: 21
Reading: 20
Gen Chem: 19
O chem:16
Quant: 14

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

You need to show that you can take upper-level (Master's ) courses and do well. They want to see that you persevered. You could just study for the DAT, but I suggest continuing with your education as well as doing better on the DAT. Wouldn't that impress you more if you were on the committee?

IM in the same position as you. I am retaking DAT as well as getting ready to do an MPH. I think once you do better in DAT you will be fine but if you perform well in the master's program that looks great on your resume as well. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Giving us your GPA would help out a bit.

The combo is not going to carry you very far. Pursue to improve both.

thanks guys!

one other concern I had..

I will be starting the masters program in August. I will have already applied before then so I will be part of the first round of acceptances. The decisions go out dec 1, so the schools wont even have my Master's gpa. How will that help me then? Or if schools want to accept me, will it be conditional?