Reapplicant App Submission before DAT retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aapredental

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I’m waitlisted and plan to reapply this coming cycle. I know my DAT was the main contributor to the unsuccessful cycle I had. I know everyone says to submit as early as possible in June even if you haven’t taken your DAT as the app takes time to verify.

I was just concerned if I submit early, will my previous DAT cause me to be screened out by some schools? I had a few sections below average. Or would having the anticipated DAT retake date in my app prevent that and make schools wait.

Should I submit early in hopes of retaking in July and notifying schools of my new scores in July (I know app verification takes 4-6 weeks itself so it’ll be July already) or should I wait to retake in July and submit so my scores and app are verified together in around the same time frame.

If anyone has reapplied and retook the DAT, please share if you resubmitted with your old scores or waited to retake. I think I may be overthinking but I’m just confused since everyone is telling me to submit right away and I just don’t want to make the same mistake twice.

Members don't see this ad.