Jul 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Has anyone been a re applicant and experienced quicker GPA verification? I haven't taken any additional classes since my 1st application so there should really be nothing new to verify as it was all already done last cycle, so I was wondering if my GPA verification will occur more quickly than 4 to 6 weeks.

pgex2t

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Dental Student
When I reapplied back in late June/Early July (with 2 new courses) my verification process only took one week; that might just be because it was considered early in the cycle. I have heard that if your transcripts have not changed and have all been previously verified, you get put in a seperate queue.

Lock-jaw

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
do we have to resubmit transcripts if they already verified from last year? from my understanding from the reapplicant website we don't, but my portal indicates otherwise

OP
D
Jul 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
You only need to re submit them if you took additional classes or if you need to change from "Degree Expected" to "Degree Awarded". My portal didn't even give me the option to print a transcript request form unless I added a completely new school.

Lock-jaw

2+ Year Member
Mar 2, 2015
Status
Dental Student
@dds9090 I have to change from "degree expected" to "degree awarded" although I did the update in january for my last semester. Maybe I can just send them a letter of completion from the office of the registrar for that?

OP
D
Jul 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
@dds9090 I have to change from "degree expected" to "degree awarded" although I did the update in january for my last semester. Maybe I can just send them a letter of completion from the office of the registrar for that?
I had the same issue and they had me resend the transcripts. A letter of completion might work but I'd call and ask ASAP so you don't hold up your application

OP
D
Jul 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
If your last transcript you sent in says that you graduated, then you can probably just call them and have them take care of it. My problem was that I sent in my winter update in before my transcripts actually said I graduated, so I had to resend them in to prove that I did indeed graduate