Reapplicant - How would new schools that I will be adding perceive my application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dilemma33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'll be reapplying this upcoming cycle, and I was just wondering how new schools that I will be adding to my list would view my application as a whole.

For example, a portion of my personal statement is going to describe my growth and lessons I've learned as a reapplicant. So, how would schools that I didn't apply to last cycle going to view my PS since I'm technically not a reapplicant to their schools? Would they think that I wasn't and still isn't "as interested" in their school? or would they not care at all?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

NO NO NO!!!

-You shouldnt put this in a PS on the primary. -Why would you let schools you havent applied to before know you have been previously rejected?
-The PS is why medicine? Not how you improved since last time you were rejected
-You discuss this in secondaries for each school
-Rip up this PS and start over

Thank you for the reply, gonnif.

1. Wouldn't the schools that I haven't applied to already know that I'm a reapplicant because they see that I applied to other schools this past cycle?
2. I was planning on rephrasing my previous PS that not only depicts my personal story and how it led up to my motivation behind medicine, but also paints a picture of my reflection after my 2nd rejection from med schools, and what I've done to develop more passion into medicine. So, like 75% of my new PS would be from last year's PS, and the other 25% would be my reflection as a reapplicant. Still a bad idea?

Members don't see this ad :)
BAD BAD BAD!!!!!

The schools you DIDNT apply to will now know you were already REJECTED by other schools. Why on earth would you take the advantage of having fresh schools and just throw it away. This would be a bad idea.

@gonnif @Goro I apologize for keep bothering you guys, but what if my LORs from science professors give away hints that I'm a reapplicant? I'm very close with them and I kept in touch with them throughout previous cycles. And I'm speculating that they'll include personal characteristics of me outside of class, like how persistent I am, and how much passion I have for medicine and such. They know that I'll be reapplying, so what if they write anything about my reapplication without knowing? Should I contact them and specifically tell them not to write about it?

Thank you in advance.

@gonnif @Goro I apologize for keep bothering you guys, but what if my LORs from science professors give away hints that I'm a reapplicant? I'm very close with them and I kept in touch with them throughout previous cycles. And I'm speculating that they'll include personal characteristics of me outside of class, like how persistent I am, and how much passion I have for medicine and such. They know that I'll be reapplying, so what if they write anything about my reapplication without knowing? Should I contact them and specifically tell them not to write about it?

Thank you in advance.

Tell them ahead of time not to mention it. If they’re truly trying to help you, they’ll listen.

Reactions: 1 user