Reapplicant Personal Statement Reader

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lalalaaaaaa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have some free time and would be happy to proof revamped PS for reapplicants. Just PM it to me.

I was in your shoes last year and it was tough to rewrite my PS. Getting multiple people to look at it, especially people who didn't see last years, can be very helpful. Three acceptances this cycle though so it's possible!!!

Members don't see this ad.

If you are a re-applicant, is it crucial to discuss it in your personal statement?

If you are a re-applicant, is it crucial to discuss it in your personal statement?
I would not discuss it in your PS. Being a re-applicant probably isn't a main reason why you want to be a physician. Schools that you have not applied to also don't know that you are a re-applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome. In a couple days mine should be ready for criticism so I'll definitely send it your way!

Reactions: 1 user
There is a way for schools to know you've applied before even if you have never applied to that particular school. Can you figure out what that is?

If you have improved your resume since the last cycle, I would totally bring up your reapplicant status in the PS. But if you have not improved, then I would not.

There is a way for schools to know you've applied before even if you have never applied to that particular school. Can you figure out what that is?

I don't know if this is true. There might be things in your app that indicate you applied previously though.

If you have improved your resume since the last cycle, I would totally bring up your reapplicant status in the PS. But if you have not improved, then I would not.

I still disagree with this. It's the difference between:

"Being a reapplicant has shown my dedication to medicine by doing blah blah blah..."

and

"I've shown my dedication to medicine by doing blah blah blah..."

I think the second is stronger and also uses less characters :p

Bump. I still have some time to edit more PS if anyone is interested. Just message me and I will take a look. I've been pretty good with a quick turn around time to this point.

Good luck everyone!

hey guys! is anyone free to look at my ps i'm a reapplicant over here.