Reapplicant Personal Statement

Started by ka$hh
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ka$hh

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After a very unsuccessful cycle, I have to reapply for 16-17. During the past year, I worked in a great research lab, where I'll have a publication, as well as an independent project continuing into next year. I continued my clinical volunteer work and I am also planning to retake my MCAT, as I believe it is what's made me fail.

With that said, any tips on how to write a personal statement? Should I keep the one from last year and add onto it or start completely from scratch? Any topic ideas? Should I focus on what I learned in my lab or what I learned in general?
 
I was also a reapplicant. I rewrote my personal statement and updated it a bit. I originally was not going to re-write it, but am glad that I did, because I realized it was much better after revising. I also have a lot of experience reviewing essays as I used to be an Admissions Ace mentor. I would be happy to provide you feedback on your statement if you would like. PM me.
 
I was also a reapplicant. I rewrote my personal statement and updated it a bit. I originally was not going to re-write it, but am glad that I did, because I realized it was much better after revising. I also have a lot of experience reviewing essays as I used to be an Admissions Ace mentor. I would be happy to provide you feedback on your statement if you would like. PM me.
I would love help with rewriting my personal statement as well. How do I contact you?