Reapplicant School List DO/MD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

builderstorch

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be a reapplicant either this upcoming cycle or the next.

GPA: 3.93 (Won award for 4.0 GPA because my school did +/-)
MCAT: 502
Residency: Arizona

Food Bank: 300 Hours
Mobile Clinic : 232 Hours
Hospital Volunteer: 380 Hours
Afterschool Tutor: 170 Hours
Teaching Assistant 304 hours
Research Assitant: 120 Hours
Shadowing: 144 Hours

Looking into research fellowship or scribing for the gap.

what MD schools could I apply to as well as DO?

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to
ATSU-SOMA II
UACOM-T II
UACOM-P R
AZCOM R
Drexel R
Creighton R

Members don't see this ad :)
My sincere advice is to retake the mcat and boost your odds for md. The grind for a better mcat score will pay you back tenfold when you aren't studying omm and being screened from programs for not having an md behind your name.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to
ATSU-SOMA II
UACOM-T II
UACOM-P R
AZCOM R
Drexel R
Creighton R

This was nowhere near enough schools with that MCAT score.

Double or triple this list for the next time.

I would go light on MD schools and focus on lower-tier and your state schools, then pick out a few DO schools skipping the likes of TouroCA, DMU, and the other higher-stat DO schools.

I applied to
ATSU-SOMA II
UACOM-T II
UACOM-P R
AZCOM R
Drexel R
Creighton R
You could still receive an acceptance to ATSU-SOMA. You applied to too few schools. If you reapply add many more DO schools and I suggest these with your MCAT of 502:
ATSU-SOMA
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-ARKANSAS
CUSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
MU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
You would need an MCAT of 507 or higher to have a greater than 50% chance for a MD acceptance.

You could still receive an acceptance to ATSU-SOMA. You applied to too few schools. If you reapply add many more DO schools and I suggest these with your MCAT of 502:
ATSU-SOMA
UIWSOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-ARKANSAS
CUSOM
VCOM (all 4 schools)
MU-COM
PCOM (all schools)
LECOM (all schools)
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
You would need an MCAT of 507 or higher to have a greater than 50% chance for a MD acceptance.
Sounds good I will most likely start studying and retake during my gap and then reapply.

What MD schools could I apply to with a 507-510 MCAT?

Echoing what people said.... retake the MCAT. I would recommend applying to ~20 schools. It's expensive, but better than failing a second time! 507-510 would still be an uphill battle. Study until you're confident you can score in the 515 range.

Totally agree with retaking the MCAT. Even if you start studying now, you can take your MCAT in August/ September (and since the pandemic is causing timelines to be pushed back, a late MCAT won't hurt you that much) and be fine. If you can get a 508+, you will have a great shot at MD.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Totally agree with retaking the MCAT. Even if you start studying now, you can take your MCAT in August/ September (and since the pandemic is causing timelines to be pushed back, a late MCAT won't hurt you that much) and be fine. If you can get a 508+, you will have a great shot at MD.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors
Sounds like a good idea. Thank you!

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

if you do start your application betting on a good MCAT score after you submit your app, be mindful of the potential risk of getting another low MCAT score. To mitigate this, I suggest taking plenty of full lengths before your test date and try to score within your desired range.