Reapplicants, Accepted or Wait listed without an interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sstache1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow reapplicants. I was wondering if any of you experienced a similar situation to the one I am in now, or If anyone has heard of a similar situation.

So last year, I usuccessfully applied, only to receive 1 interview and then get a spot on the wait list at that school. I never got a spot.

Needless to say I reapplied, and thus far my reapplication has not been going well, with no interviews and 4 rejections up to this point. So I open my mailbox today and low and behold there is a letter from the school where I was waitlisted last year. Up till now I haven't recieved an interview again at this school. So I'm assuming its a rejection letter, and so I prepare for the heartache of another such letter. However, upon opening the letter, I find that it is a wait list letter. In fact, it is the exact same wait list letter I received after my interview last year. Only thing different on this letter was the date.

SO, right now im excited about being on the wait list and skipping the interview (I'd be more excited it I was accepted at this point though). But I can't help be be skeptical about the situation. I've never heard of anyone else getting into a school or getting on a waitlist without having to go through the whole process again.

So if anyone has any advice/input/comments on my situation, please help me out. I'm gonna call the school later this week to see what they say, but I figured asking around wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks, and good luck to all reapps out there! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

sstache1 said:
Hello fellow reapplicants. I was wondering if any of you experienced a similar situation to the one I am in now, or If anyone has heard of a similar situation.

So last year, I usuccessfully applied, only to receive 1 interview and then get a spot on the wait list at that school. I never got a spot.

Needless to say I reapplied, and thus far my reapplication has not been going well, with no interviews and 4 rejections up to this point. So I open my mailbox today and low and behold there is a letter from the school where I was waitlisted last year. Up till now I haven't recieved an interview again at this school. So I'm assuming its a rejection letter, and so I prepare for the heartache of another such letter. However, upon opening the letter, I find that it is a wait list letter. In fact, it is the exact same wait list letter I received after my interview last year. Only thing different on this letter was the date.

SO, right now im excited about being on the wait list and skipping the interview (I'd be more excited it I was accepted at this point though). But I can't help be be skeptical about the situation. I've never heard of anyone else getting into a school or getting on a waitlist without having to go through the whole process again.

So if anyone has any advice/input/comments on my situation, please help me out. I'm gonna call the school later this week to see what they say, but I figured asking around wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks, and good luck to all reapps out there! :thumbup:
I would definately write a letter of intent. maybe u can call the dean of admis and talk to them about your application and how much you really want to attend there. say it's your "number one choice" and give reasons...basically reinterating on the phone what u say on paper. this will show them that you want to go there! what school is this by the way?