Reapplicants: What went wrong?

Started by jhk43
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jhk43

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Particularly for those of you with good stats (+3.6, +30) what happened the first time around? care to share any lessons?
 
I had decent stats the first time- 3.82 and 28R MCAT. I was told by the adcom that my MCAT was too low, my interview was only average, and I needed further clinical experience. For my second time applying, I got my GPA up slightly to 3.85, retook my MCAT and got the score up 5 points, did a lot of mock interviews and read a lot about medical ethics (my interview was a lot better my 2nd time), and started working in a GI clinic at the medical school. I don't know which helped the most- probably a combination of everything. Hope that helps!