Reapplication and Interview Selection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cocobobby1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a general question... I applied last year and still on one wait list, but I was wondering how this works. When I reapply is it probable that I will get interviews at the same three schools in-state that I got last year? Or is it more like we had our chance and the interview didnt go well so it will be MORE difficult to get an interview at these schools? In case people know about Ohio... applied 3.45, 34, interview OSU, Toledo, Wright. (reject, WL (still hoping), reject off WL) REALLY appreciate your help here as I am considering applaying EDP to Toledo (where I am from). I know this is risky.

Members don't see this ad.

Just a general question... I applied last year and still on one wait list, but I was wondering how this works. When I reapply is it probable that I will get interviews at the same three schools in-state that I got last year? Or is it more like we had our chance and the interview didnt go well so it will be MORE difficult to get an interview at these schools? In case people know about Ohio... applied 3.45, 34, interview OSU, Toledo, Wright. (reject, WL (still hoping), reject off WL) REALLY appreciate your help here as I am considering applaying EDP to Toledo (where I am from). I know this is risky.

It's probably dependent on school. I don't know if I would do EDP as a re-applicant, it's just a lot of risk for probably a very minor benefit (if you couldn't get in this year). I know both of the schools I got interviews at last time invited me back (and then rejected me) but other people have said this is not always the case. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=673060

I interviewed at one school and when i talked to ad com he said that theyll be able to see the interview report from last year when you apply again. And probably that report is going to be bad because you didnt get in. So it certainly wont help u.

I don't have experience with those schools specifically but I was a reapplicant last year. I interviewed at the same two schools that interviewed me before, waitlisted instead of outright rejected like last time. I also received interview invites to some schools that I applied to before that rejected me post secondary.

I figured I was good enough for an interview before and my application only got better the next year so why not.