Reapplication/ mcat timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZaireTony

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I plan on re-applying to schools this coming summer and re-taking my mcat. I plan on re-taking the test july 6th, sending my primary applications in mid june, and sending my secondary applications out as soon as I was able. I was told by my advisor that it's fine if I send out my primary applications without the second mcat score. My question is whether I can send out my secondary applications without my second mcat score. How does the process for this work? Will my secondary be rejected without my mcat score, or set aside and re-examined until the score is available? Would it be better if I re-took the mcat June 16th, and have the secondaries out as soon as my score came back? Is there a major difference in competition if I send my secondaries out in mid august as opposed to mid-late july? Thank you in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I plan on re-applying to schools this coming summer and re-taking my mcat. I plan on re-taking the test july 6th, sending my primary applications in mid june, and sending my secondary applications out as soon as I was able. I was told by my advisor that it's fine if I send out my primary applications without the second mcat score. My question is whether I can send out my secondary applications without my second mcat score. How does the process for this work? Will my secondary be rejected without my mcat score, or set aside and re-examined until the score is available? Would it be better if I re-took the mcat June 16th, and have the secondaries out as soon as my score came back? Is there a major difference in competition if I send my secondaries out in mid august as opposed to mid-late july? Thank you in advance for your help.

some schools will give you a secondary while others will send it when they receive your new mcat score (and then decide whether or not they want to send you one)

yes, there is a difference b/w june 16th and july 6 (it also takes ~month for scores to come out); it really depends if you're ready to take it or not (i.e. will 3 weeks really make a huge difference)