Reapplication - Please assess my application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

premed-dodo

Reaction score
Please be completely honest. Thank you! I'm not quite sure how to improve my application.

ORM, SES disadvantaged
cGPA: 2.76 (Post-bacc: 4.0, full-time for several years)
SMP GPA: 3.67
MCAT: 519

IA: Academic dismissal halfway through undergraduate, went through readmissions process

Clinical:
• MA, scribe & manager for internal medicine: ~4000 hours
• MA urology: ~1500 hours

Research:
• Pancreatic cancer wet lab research (no publication/poster): ~900 hours
• Oncology database clinical research (no publication/poster): ~300 hours

Other:
• Global Medical Brigades (leadership): ~600 hours + 240 hours (as non-leader)
• Tutor (for economics/physics): ~2000 hours
• Homeless volunteering: ~2700 hours (over so many years)
• Undergrad hiphop club founder (leadership): ~1200 hours
• Undergrad cultural club (leadership): ~1000 hours

3 new EC's for the upcoming application process: EMT, additional homeless volunteering at an organization, and Toastmaster's.

This is upcoming cycle is my 2nd cycle. 1st cycle was all rejections with exception of 1 post-II WL. I would take more post-bacc classes to raise my GPA, but I literally ran out of hard science classes to take at the institution I did my post-bacc in. I took every single upper division and prerequisite courses I possibly could. I would have to go to another institution to keep raising my GPA.

Members don't see this ad.

How many credits did you accomplish for your post-bacc since you did one for several yrs? But none-the-less that had to be a great upward curve from undergrad + MCAT. I would believe you definitely should've had a shot at both MD and especially DO schools. Where did you apply?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many credits did you accomplish for your post-bacc since you did one for several yrs? But none-the-less that had to be a great upward curve from undergrad + MCAT. I would believe you definitely should've had a shot at both MD and especially DO schools. Where did you apply?
Hi! I took 72 units for the postbacc, followed by the SMP.

My school list was: Albert Einstein, Boston U., Chicago Med (Rosalind), Cooper at Rowan, Drexel, Emory, Geisinger, George Washington, Georgetown, Keck USC, Lewis Katz, Loma Linda, Loyola Stritch, New York Medical College, Northwestern, Rush Medical, Rutgers (NJMS and Robert Wood), Warren Alpert (Brown), Tufts, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCLA, UCSD, UCSF, UChicago
DO: CCOM (Midwestern), Touro (Nevada and Cali), Western U

Status
Not open for further replies.