Reapplication Process advice- need guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tms019

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have looked at some of the previous threads on the reapplication process but they all seem unique and different from my situation so I guess I will post again hoping you guys can help me out. I am new to this site and forum. Last year I applied late, not until about October. I know that was a problem. But I received three interviews and 3 holds/wait lists. I do not think I am getting in this cycle. I have a 3.50 GPA and my DAT is AA-19 PAT-24. I've been told those are good enough scores. I am a New York state resident so Buffalo would be nice. I interviewed with them and they wait listed. Last year when I applied I had a 3.43 and had not taken biochemistry. I am taking a biochemistry course at a local university in order to meet the requirements of some other colleges. Also, I will be working as a dental assistant (in my parents offices who are a pediatric dentist and maxillofacial surgeon). Also, I am a D1AA football player who is a 4 time all league academic honor roll student athlete. What ways can I increase my chances of getting in the second time around, because the first time around seemed like it may have fizzled because I applied late. Please help me with any advice. I appreciate anything you guys have for me.

Members don't see this ad.

All your stuff should be in by June if you want a solid chance with Buffalo. I've had friends who interviewed late Jan to Feb and didn't get in even with stellar stats. And Buffalo waitlists don't exactly move too much. It's a good institution with very low tuition, so their acceptances are highly coveted. They also prefer mature applicants. You HAVE to apply early if you want to get into Buffalo.

IF you are on a private school waitlist like NYU, you may still have a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I called today and asked about what I could do to enhance my application and they didn't give much. Is there anything I should emphasize in the personal statement slash can you actually submit the AADSAS application the first day it opens realistically or not because of transcript requests etc.?

Well I called today and asked about what I could do to enhance my application and they didn't give much. Is there anything I should emphasize in the personal statement slash can you actually submit the AADSAS application the first day it opens realistically or not because of transcript requests etc.?

You could, but it would be a pain in the ass and wouldn't give you much of an advantage. Take a week, make sure everything is correct and as good as it can be. I think you will have no problem getting in this cycle.