Reapplication WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sai111394

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a reapplicant to medical school. From California, 27 MCAT, retake 509. GPA a 3.8, lots of volunteering and with research and a publication in Nature genetics. Currently a Fulbright scholar on a teaching grant in a Spanish speaking country. I didn't have the publication, retake MCAT or Fulbright on my first app. Any advice as to where I should focus my schools? I would prefer MD but am open to DO. I know the UCs are a reach but I'm thinking of UCR (i was born and raised in the Inland Empire) and Loma Linda (I am aware of the no alcohol and religious affiliation). I will be buying MSAR but also wanted input from here.

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot to add that I applied to Quinnupiac, all UCs, MCW, PSU, Drexel, the private Michigan schools and was rejected by all post secondary. Would my stats now maybe get me at least an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm a reapplicant to medical school. From California, 27 MCAT, retake 509. GPA a 3.8, lots of volunteering and with research and a publication in Nature genetics. Currently a Fulbright scholar on a teaching grant in a Spanish speaking country. I didn't have the publication, retake MCAT or Fulbright on my first app. Any advice as to where I should focus my schools? I would prefer MD but am open to DO. I know the UCs are a reach but I'm thinking of UCR (i was born and raised in the Inland Empire) and Loma Linda (I am aware of the no alcohol and religious affiliation). I will be buying MSAR but also wanted input from here.
I suggest the following:

Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
EVMS
Rosy Franklin
Loyola
WVU
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
NYMC
VCU
Tulane
U VM
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
UCD
UCI
UCR
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

Thanks alot, Goro! Do you think my chances of interview would be higher this time around? I got rejected from MCW and Netter post secondary.
I suggest the following:

Temple
Jefferson
Drexel
EVMS
Rosy Franklin
Loyola
WVU
MCW
SLU
Creighton
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
NYMC
VCU
Tulane
U VM
Oakland-B
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Netter
UCD
UCI
UCR
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

I think so. Your ECs now are very good. What's holding you down is the 2x MCAT...but even if combined, it's not lethal for MD.
Since the MCAT changed, would more emphasis be placed on the new MCAT though?

Nope.

EDIT: I take that back. Some schools favor the higher of the scores.
Thanks goro! As for my list, should I add any Texas schools? I have ties to the region (because of my father) but I myself am not a resident.