Reapplication while on waitlists-AMCAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peachesncreme

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am on a bunch of waitlists right now and its hard to say if I will hear back or not. I have promising news from some schools but of course nothing is guaranteed. Since it is getting late into July, I thought I would submit my AMCAS anyway.

But because of the hope from some schools, I am reluctant to dish out the close to 1000 dollars on my new AMCAS.

My question is, if I were to submit my AMCAS with just one school on it, would that be ok? That would give me the entire month during verification to hear back from schools and if I don't, I can just immediately add my remaining schools in mid- August, as soon as my AMCAS is verified. Is that a normal thing? Or will the medical schools I add late see this and will it be used against my application?

Members don't see this ad.

I am on a bunch of waitlists right now and its hard to say if I will hear back or not. I have promising news from some schools but of course nothing is guaranteed. Since it is getting late into July, I thought I would submit my AMCAS anyway.

But because of the hope from some schools, I am reluctant to dish out the close to 1000 dollars on my new AMCAS.

My question is, if I were to submit my AMCAS with just one school on it, would that be ok? That would give me the entire month during verification to hear back from schools and if I don't, I can just immediately add my remaining schools in mid- August, as soon as my AMCAS is verified. Is that a normal thing? Or will the medical schools I add late see this and will it be used against my application?

Yes, add one school and then add the rest once you're verified. That's the best way to go and a lot of people do it.