Reapply for SCCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optogirl711

Reaction score
I got accepted into WesternU, but I just heard back that I'm in the 4th quartile for SCCO on their waitlist. I really want to go to SCCO, but I'm not sure if I should take the chance and give up my spot at WesternU and reapply for SCCO next year or not. What are the chances for people that reapply to SCCO and get in? I'm just worried about going to WesternU because I read somewhere that optometrists don't usually like to hire graduates from WesternU because it's such a new school. Is this true? Thoughts and opinions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly don’t think that getting a job as a WesternU grad would be a problem, and that’s actually the first time I’ve heard of such a thing. If you truly like everything else about the school, and if you want to attend optometry school this year, then I would say to go for WesternU.

Now, if you absolutely want to go SCCO, then re-applying next year might be the way to go. You can also try waiting it out on the waitlist, but you’re of course running the risk of losing your WesternU spot that you already have.