Reapply or Accept Offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT_116

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a dilemma that really isn't a "problem" it's kind of a good thing but I'm hoping to get some advice. I just found out today I got into a physical therapy school and I like their program but I was also waitlisted at another school that I fell in love with and I feel like I have a good chance of getting in if I reapply since I've taken 4 more classes and improved my GPA. The school I got accepted to lacks some of the things that I really liked about the other school. Also, the one I'm accepted to is awaiting accreditation. Would I be crazy to reject an acceptance? Should I just go wherever I'm accepted? I'm pretty torn but only have a few days to make a decision. Any advice is appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the one you are waitlisted at much cheaper? Even then it’s not always a guarantee and it’s getting tougher and tougher every year to get in. You have a tough choice but reapplying for just a chance is always tough even if you got waitlisted this year, there always the chance that next year even more great candidates apply. Just trying to say it’s always tough to turn down a for sure when you don’t know if they will accept you next year. Make a pros and cons and really think about it. I know many will say it doesn’t matter where you go but if you feel one will open more doors or give you a better start in a certain area than it may matter to you where you go but if your plan is to just start working anywhere than it may not matter so much.

Also what is your plan for the year off if you decide to reapply? That may be another thing to look at because pushing that salary off for another year is also hard but just bringing up the tough topics to think about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user