Reapply or go DO?

Started by cmt121
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cmt121

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advice needed: I just got accepted to LECOM-Bradenton and am not sure if I should accept our reapply for an MD school.

So I applied late in the round with majority of the schools I sent out applications in October/September. I graduated with a 3.8 undergrad GPA and a 511 MCAT, and have spent this year working as a Patient Tech. Today I got an offer from LECOM after interviewing in late March. I've heard some horror stories of LECOM but am not sure if it's hype or a valid reason to try again for another DO, or maybe MD. What should I do?
 
State of residency is NY. No MD interviews, just a few late DO interviews. I did get accepted to an MD school's masters program that has a guranteed interview/high probability acceptance if you maintain a 3.5 GPA.

Applied to: UBuffalo, UR, Stony Brook, FL State, KU, UMKC, Howard, Meharry
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advice needed: I just got accepted to LECOM-Bradenton and am not sure if I should accept our reapply for an MD school.

So I applied late in the round with majority of the schools I sent out applications in October/September. I graduated with a 3.8 undergrad GPA and a 511 MCAT, and have spent this year working as a Patient Tech. Today I got an offer from LECOM after interviewing in late March. I've heard some horror stories of LECOM but am not sure if it's hype or a valid reason to try again for another DO, or maybe MD. What should I do?
I rejected LECOM_B last cycle, took an SMP, reapplied this cycle and got into an MD school. I was veryyy unimpressed with LECOM tbh
 
You had a small and poor school list and applied to late. You should receive MD interviews if you apply in June and submit all your secondaries by July. I suggest all these MD schools:
ALL 4 SUNY's
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Tufts
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
TCU-UNTHSC
California University
Loma Linda
Kaiser