Quantcast

Reapply the following cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twink

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Should one reapply the following cycle with little to no updates? I applied last year and I just got waitlisted. I didn't do much except work in my lab so other than having two posters presentations I dont have any significant updates for my primary application. Would it be a waste of money and effort to apply for this upcoming cycle?

reviliver

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stats would help with this. Why do you think you were only waitlisted each time? The fact that you got some interviews bodes well, but without any of your info it is impossible to even guess at why you were rejected and whether you should apply again.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yup...why should they accept you the second time around? You need to find out why you were wait listed (applied too late? sGPA or cGPA borderline? MCAT borderline or imbalanced? Too few ECs?) and then fix that.

Should one reapply the following cycle with little to no updates? I applied last year and I just got waitlisted. I didn't do much except work in my lab so other than having two posters presentations I dont have any significant updates for my primary application. Would it be a waste of money and effort to apply for this upcoming cycle?

bollywoodlover

Reaction score
I would not apply right away. Take a year off and make significant improvements to your app before applying again. Each year you reapply it will get harder to get in especially if you keep applying with essentially the same app.

Nanoo

Reaction score
A friend of mine reapplied immediate and got accepted but he had two new 2nd author publications to show for the 1 year time in between- he also applied early instead of late,. If you think it was mainly the timing that killed you the first time around then maybe consider reapplying right away if your app is already strong